University Lecturer in Innate Immunity
Short info about job
Company: University of Cambridge
Department: Department of Veterinary Medicine
Salary: £39,324 to £49,772
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Fixed-Term/Contract
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-28 5360198
Fax: +44-1482 4460144
Detail information about job University Lecturer in Innate Immunity. Terms and conditions vacancy
West Cambridge Site
Stipend scale: £39,324 - £49,772 (University Lecturer)
Applications are invited for the role of University Lecturer in Innate Immunity available from 1 October 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter. This is a 2- year fixed-term full-time University Teaching Officer (unestablished academic) role, subject to completion of a satisfactory probation period.
The individual appointed is expected to achieve and sustain a clear national and international profile in research, to collaborate within the Department as well as externally, and to provide team leadership to build further on the Department’s international reputation in innate immunity.
University Teaching Officers are expected to deliver lectures, conduct small group teaching of undergraduates and/or taught postgraduate students (in relevant Departments) and, where appropriate, to contribute to course organisation for programmes within their subject area.
The individual appointed will:
• be expected to develop an active research programme (indicated by publication of research articles each year, giving invited talks at international research conferences, giving presentations (oral and/or poster) at international research meetings, supervision/co-supervision of PhD students)
• develop collaborations both internally (within the Department) as well as developing national and international research collaborations to consolidate and continue to build the innate immune research in the Department as well as at a personal level
• write/co-write grants to achieve an average of at least a £100,000 research income a year over the 3 year period.
• contribute to the leadership of the Bryant research group
• develop and deliver publications of sufficient quality to achieve 4* level in REF2021 and each subsequent REF exercise.
• develop an impact profile
• undertake any other duties as are specified from time to time by the Head of Department or a person nominated by the Head of Department
It is essential that the individual appointed should have:
• a PhD or doctoral level degree in a relevant area.
• a proven track record in peer-reviewed publication
• qualified veterinary surgeons are particularly encouraged to apply
Informal enquiries can be made to Professor Bryant on [email protected]
Information about the Department: www.vet.cam.ac.uk
To submit an application for this vacancy: click on the link in the ‘Apply online’ section of the advert published on the University’s Job Opportunities pages. This will take you to the University’s Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already done so) and log in before completing the online application form.
Please upload the following documents: curriculum vitae; list of research publications; brief statement (no more than one side of A4) about how your experience fits the profile for this role.
Closing date for applications: 1 October 2017.
Interview date: 24 October 2017.
Please note that shortlisted candidates will be expected to make a presentation at interview.