HE Programme Leader - Interior Design
Creative Arts and Design,Design,Administrative,PR, Marketing, Sales and Communication,Senior Management
Short info about job
Company: NDA Foundation
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000 per annum, negotiable according to experience
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1451 1260101
Fax: +44-1550 4139343
Detail information about job HE Programme Leader - Interior Design. Terms and conditions vacancy
MA Interior Design or equivalent, HE teaching & quality assurance experience
The National Design Academy has a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic Programme Leader to head the tutor team of our online Interior Design department.
Established for almost 30 years, the NDA is a leader in the delivery of flexible, online design qualifications, with alumni of over 30,000 in over 80 countries.
As a not for profit Foundation we offer low fees and scholarships to our creative and talented students with the opportunity to study alongside work and family commitments for a career in design. For many adults this is the only way they can study for a degree. At NDA we treat every student as an individual; students choose their own start and have their own study plan to suit their circumstances. NDA scored 100% for overall satisfaction in the National Student Survey, for the third time.
The NDA offers interior design qualifications from Level 3 Diploma, Foundation Degree, BA (Hons), and Master’s Degree – all delivered online. Degrees are awarded by our long standing academic partners, Staffordshire University. We produce all course content in-house with videographers, graphic and instructional designers, web design, social media, blogs and marketing all produced in house by our creative team.
We are passionate about design and without the bureaucracy of a large university we are able to offer quick response solutions, develop relevant course material and value input from all our students and staff to help guide our development.
If you are ready to guide your own tutor team and have an interest in online learning
- MA in interior design
- Teaching experience at HE level
- Some quality assurance experience at HE level
- Previous design industry experience
- Positive personality and good communicator
- Organised with good time management skills
- Passionate about design
- Enjoy making a difference
Duties of the Programme Leader include:
- Management of all design courses
- Academic leadership of the tutor team and student support team
- Quality assurance of programmes
- Supporting the university external examiner and partnership manager
- Liaison with our university partners, attending partnership events etc.
- Online and face to face teaching in-studio
- Work with marketing and admissions to provide excellent advice and guidance to prospective students
- Working with the Director of Studies to develop future course content.
- Providing relevant reports to the Academy Director
- Attending international exhibitions and events to support our Dubai office
Please send your CV and a short letter explaining why you think you would be suitable for this role and include your current or previous salary and any period of notice required in your current role.