Short info about job
Company: The Brighton and Sussex Medical School
Department: Department of Neuroscience
Salary: £20,989 to £24,285 per annum
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Fixed-Term/Contract
Type / Role: Technical
Phone: +44-1538 3109100
Fax: +44-1464 1976135
Detail information about job Research Technician. Terms and conditions vacancy
Applications are invited for a full-time Research Technician to join Professor Nigel Leigh’s research team at the Brighton and Sussex Medical School working on the international ‘Modifying Immune Response and Outcomes in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (MIROCALS) project.
MIROCALS aims to achieve a breakthrough in the treatment of motor neurone disease trialling therapy using a molecule that could significantly slow the progress of the disease. Clinical outcomes will be integrated with biomarker development, immunology, genetics and gene expression.
This post will involve:
- preparation of clinical samples for analysis
- handling and processing blood samples, e.g. extracting PBMCs
- working knowledge of other relevant techniques
- shipping to external laboratories
- accurate record keeping using a tissue logging database throughout the study recruitment phase
- Experience of working to the principles of Good Clinical Practice and within the guidance of Good Clinical Laboratory Practice
This post will be based at the Clinical Investigation & Research Unit (CIRU), Royal Sussex County Hospital and at the BSMS Medical Research Building, University of Sussex campus. While the post will be line managed by Professor Leigh the post holder will be expected to work under the joint supervision of the CIRU Laboratory Manager and the BSMS Technical Services Manager.
Further information about our research can be obtained from our website at http://www.bsms.ac.uk/research/
For informal enquires and for more information, please contact Professor Nigel Leigh ([email protected]).
We are committed to equality of opportunity