Economics,Social Sciences and Social Care,Sociology,Social Policy,Other Social Sciences,Library Services and Information Management,Senior Management
Short info about job
Company: Economic and Social Research Council - ESRC
Salary: £37,415 per annum
Hours: Full Time, Part Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1520 3873199
Fax: +44-1566 2729248
Detail information about job Senior Manager. Terms and conditions vacancy
Full Time/Part Time (minimum 0.8 FTE)
The Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) is the UK’s leading research agency for the social sciences. The studies and research we fund are vital in enabling government, business, civil society and the public to learn about social and economic change and understand the reasons behind it.
About the role:
There are now several opportunities for a number of Senior Managers to work across a number of teams within ESRC on a permanent full-time/part-time (minimum 0.8 FTE) basis.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Directly or indirectly supporting the commissioning and management of high quality research, knowledge exchange and/or complex data infrastructure investments through collaborative partnerships as appropriate both within the UK and internationally
- Build and develop relationships with ESRC investment directors, funders and stakeholders
- Facilitating meetings and group discussions effectively, with the ability to challenge perceptions, ideas and assumptions constructively
- Line-managing one or more members of staff within ESRC and supporting teams and individuals to achieve objectives through periods of change
- Undertaking periodic work on corporate projects and schemes and support the wider work of the ESRC as required.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join us in an exciting and varied role. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity for you to make your mark in a challenging and rewarding environment. Please note that some of the roles require some international travel and you are asked to indicate in your cover letter if you are able to undertake this.
For further information please see: http://www.topcareer.jobs/Vacancy/irc242218_7356.aspx
It is essential that you have a demonstrable enthusiasm for the importance of social science and its development and an understanding of what constitutes good social science research, as well as how it is applied in policy and professional contexts.
You will have an undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification in the social sciences or the ability to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge and skills.
You will have sophisticated analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills and strong project management, planning and organisation skills, as well as the ability to work independently, to multi-task, prioritise workloads and operate effectively within a team and project environment.
Good presentation skills are also essential for this role.
It is beneficial for you to have experience of working within policy/government as well as an in depth knowledge of the value social science brings to businesses.
Applications are handled by the UK Shared Business Services. For further information and to apply, please visit our website: http://www.topcareer.jobs/Vacancy/irc242218_7356.aspx
If you are unable to apply online please telephone 01793 867000 quoting reference IRC242218.
Closing date: 14th September 2017Interview date: 10th/11th October 2017