Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Global Finance
Mathematics and Statistics,Statistics,Economics,Social Sciences and Social Care,Other Social Sciences,Business and Management Studies,Accountancy and Finance,Management,Business Studies,Other Business and Management Studies
Short info about job
Company: SOAS University of London
Department: Research Centre for Global Finance
Salary: £35,775 to £42,060 per annum inclusive of London Allowance
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1382 6816986
Fax: +44-161 8755798
Detail information about job Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Global Finance. Terms and conditions vacancy
The role and its responsibilities
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual, to support the research of the AXA Chair in Global Finance and the Director of the Research Centre in Global Finance.
The key element of the AXA Chair in Global Finance and the Research Centre in Global Finance is to identify and monitor mega trends in global finance, which condition major developments in the world economy. Hence, the successful candidate will build large-scale datasets to examine research questions relating to flow of funds and major developments in the world economy.
Skills and experience
- Do you have a PhD in a relevant field including finance, economics, or statistics, plus an in-depth knowledge of finance theory and expertise in formal theoretical or applied econometrics (including skills of data management and qualitative and quantitative research methods)?
- Are you able to present information on research progress and outcomes, and communicate complex information orally and in writing?
- Are you able to communicate research findings of the Research Centre for Global Finance by writing papers for publication in top-tier academic journals?
- Are you familiar with applications of finance theory to investigate challenges faced by policy makers and private sector practitioners?
If the answer is yes, we would like to hear from you.
For an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Professor Victor Murinde (e: [email protected]).
Competitive benefits package
As an employer of choice SOAS offers an extensive benefits package including:
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays and additional School closure days (pro rata for part time staff).
- Pension scheme with generous employer contribution.
- Various loan schemes including season ticket and IT equipment.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, and Adoption Pay provisions, childcare voucher scheme, financial support for childcare.
About the School of Finance and Management
The School of Finance and Management (SFM) is dedicated to both undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and to advanced research in the fields of finance, management, and related subjects. We believe that in this period of rapid change in those regions we specialise on, understanding the principles and problems of both management and finance is essential.
For further information on the MSc Finance and other programmes offered in SFM, see: https://www.soas.ac.uk/finance-and-management/programmes/msc-in-finance/.
For more information about the School of Finance and Management and a list of academic staff and their specialisms, please see: https://www.soas.ac.uk/finance-and-management/staff/.
To apply for this vacancy or download a job description, please visit www.soas.ac.uk/jobs.
Closing date: 17th September 2017.
Completed applications must be received by 23:59 on the closing date to be considered.
Interviews will provisionally be held in the week commencing 2nd October 2017.
If you have any questions or require any assistance with regard to the application process, please contact [email protected]
At SOAS we celebrate diversity and promote equality and inclusion amongst our staff and students. As such, we welcome applications from all, regardless of personal characteristics or background.