Lecturer in Creative Writing (Prose Fiction) (Education & Research)
Languages, Literature and Culture,Literature,Creative Arts and Design,Other Creative Arts
Short info about job
Company: University of Exeter
Department: College of Humanities
Salary: The starting salary will be from £34,520 pa within the Grade F band (£34,520 - £42,418).
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1324 1557830
Fax: +44-1342 4555725
Detail information about job Lecturer in Creative Writing (Prose Fiction) (Education & Research). Terms and conditions vacancy
The English Department is one of the biggest and most successful in the country, regularly rating within the top ten in national league tables, and the top fifty internationally.
The post of Lecturer in Creative Writing (Prose Fiction) will extend the profile of English at Exeter and add to our strong Creative Writing group. We are looking specifically for a writer of prose fiction, who will be capable of contributing to our programmes at undergraduate and graduate levels, and publishing at an appropriate level. This full time post is available from 1st January 2018 on a permanent basis.
You will have:
- A PhD or equivalent in Creative Writing and have an independent, internationally-recognised research programme in a relevant active field of research
- A strong record in attracting funding for research, or demonstrate potential to attract such funding
- An active approach to inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary research
- Enthusiasm for delivering high quality undergraduate programmes
- Strong connections and funded projects with business and community partners
- Involvement in projects which develop impact.
What we can offer you
- Freedom (and the support) to pursue your intellectual interests and to work creatively across disciplines to produce internationally exciting research;
- Support teams that understand the University wide research and teaching goals and partner with our academics accordingly
- An Innovation, Impact and Business directorate that works closely with our academics providing specialist support for external engagement and development
- Our Exeter Academic initiative supporting high performing academics to achieve their potential and develop their career
- A beautiful campus set in the heart of stunning Devon
Please ensure you read our Job Description and Person Specification for full details of this role. The starting salary will be from £34,520 pa within the Grade F band (£34,520 - £42,418).
For an informal and confidential discussion about the post please contact Prof Henry Power on telephone 01392 724254 or email: [email protected]
Interviews are expected to take place on 31st October 2017.
The University of Exeter is an equal opportunity employer. We are officially recognised as a Disability Confident employer and an Athena Swan accredited institution. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.