Lecturer in Health and Social Care/Early Years 0.5
Social Sciences and Social Care,Social Work
Short info about job
Company: Aylesbury College
Salary: £11,341 to £15,240 per annum
Hours: Full Time, Part Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1250 7091644
Fax: +44-1569 4257995
Detail information about job Lecturer in Health and Social Care/Early Years 0.5. Terms and conditions vacancy
- Provide high quality teaching in the subject areas required, given the resources available and within the agreed and approved current timetable, with due recognition of the relevant syllabus and course specifications, including the necessary preparation of teaching notes, handouts and visual aids where required.
- Satisfy the administrative requirements of the College and examining/validating bodies.
- Ensure that all marking, assessments and moderations are completed timely and tracked appropriately.
- Liaise with other staff as appropriate to ensure that work is fully and effectively covered.
- Actively encourage and promote the process of student learning.
- Direct technician assistance/team support in the teaching situation where appropriate and as required.
- Teach up to required levels on identified courses.
- Ensure records of student achievements are maintained as required by the Sector and relevant external bodies.
- Keep accurate and up to date registers of classes taught of learner attendances, lateness and marks.
- Advise the Curriculum Manager on material and equipment needs, from the revenue budget, for existing and proposed courses and produce requisitions as required.
- Assist with student interviews and course enrolments.
- Work within the team in liaising with local schools, employers and industry to identify their training requirements and promote the work of the College.
- Maintain a knowledge of new developments in the curriculum, courses and teaching practices and keep course material. To keep abreast of developments within own areas of expertise and to keep course material up to date to reflect the requirements of the College and the examining/validating bodies.
- Undertake such training as may be required and requested for such development.
- Be a member of relevant course teams and participate fully in their activities.
- Participate in course and curriculum monitoring, reviews and evaluations.
- Take an active and positive role as a team member of both Team and cross-College teams as and when directed.
- Act as a Course Tutor when required.
- Contribute to new developments as appropriate participating in the development of course materials to meet the needs of new courses or changes to existing courses.
- Assist in the development of workshop facilities to meet the requirements of existing and proposed courses.
- Develop short courses in own specialist area as appropriate.
- Provide active support to individual students.
- Encourage students to take an active part in the corporate life of the College.
- Help to ensure that College regulations and policies are upheld.
- Initiate action if misdemeanours or infringements of College policy occur.