Short info about job
Company: University of Exeter
Department: Family Centre
Salary: £16,038 per annum
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent, Fixed-Term/Contract
Type / Role: Craft or Manual
Phone: +44-1270 3427703
Fax: +44-1539 6838684
Detail information about job Nursery Nurses. Terms and conditions vacancy
The starting salary will be £16,038 per annum.
The Family Centre caters for up to 50 children at any one time who are cared for in four separate groups. The Centre is 25 years old and has its own grounds in a lovely setting. The four groups are generally divided as follows:
A Baby Unit taking up to 7 children between 6 weeks and 18 months
A Toddler Unit taking up to 12 children between 18 months and 2 years
A Nursery unit taking up to 24 children between 2 and 4 years
In addition, there is a Parallel Unit taking up to 7 children: demand will determine the age range of children in this group.
We are looking for 2 qualified full-time Nursery Nurses - 1 post is available on a permanent basis and the other post is available on a fixed term basis to cover maternity leave until July 2018. Please specify in your personal statement the role you wish to apply for.
- Provide the children with a safe, secure and home-like environment
- Operate a keyworker system and liaise with parents/carers, carers, and senior staff
- Plan, organise and implement a programme of activities to meet the needs of the age group
- Work as part of a highly motivated and professional team
- Assist and actively support management in creating an efficient professional Family Centre
- Provide a high quality childcare and education service for children and parents.
You will need to:
- Hold a full and relevant early years and childcare qualification at Level 3 (such as NVQ Level 3 in CCLD, Level 3 Diploma for the Children & Young People’s Workforce), or equivalent qualification
- Have gained experience within a nursery setting
- Have proven organisational skills
In addition, you will need to be flexible and creative, with the commitment to provide first class childcare. All staff and volunteers are expected to demonstrate their commitment to safeguarding children and young people within their work. An enhanced DBS is required for this post.
For more information about the post please contact Louise McLellan on [email protected]
Applications should be made via our website. For more information and to apply online please go to www.exeter.ac.uk/jobs Please quote reference number P14718 in any correspondence.
The University of Exeter is an equal opportunity employer. We are officially recognised as a Disability Confident employer and an Athena Swan accredited institution. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.