Teaching Fellow x2 (full or part time)
Computer Science,Computer Science,Engineering and Technology,Mechanical Engineering,Electrical and Electronic Engineering,Production Engineering and Manufacturing
Short info about job
Company: Imperial College London
Department: Dyson School of Design Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
Salary: £35,850 to £44,220 per annum
Hours: Full Time, Part Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1369 5925994
Fax: +44-1469 7974670
Detail information about job Teaching Fellow x2 (full or part time). Terms and conditions vacancy
Campus: South Kensington
Two Dyson School of Design Engineering Teaching Fellows, full or part-time, are sought to join the School. This role involves tutoring, course development and support for the Innovation Design Engineering (IDE) and Global Innovation Design (GID) masters programmes as well as the MEng in Design Engineering, and associated engagement with a range of modules and projects, many being student generated ideas.
Expertise is required in one or more of:
- Design-led enterprise (or “entrepreneurial discovery” or “full-spectrum innovation, translation through multiplicity of channels, design for behaviour change / adoption, service design, UX.
- Graphic design, Exhibition design, Copywriting, Branding, Event organiser, Media producer, community builder
- Computational Intelligence (experience of implementing AI, Machine Learning, Neuroscience in real-world applications, or in design/creative contexts)
- Digital-Physical prototyping guru (Raspberry Pi, Arduino, IoT, PCB & circuit design, actuators, sensors, computer vision, Computer Aided Design incl. Generative Design, Additive Manufacture)
- Industrial design, Computer Aided Design incl. surface modelling, rendering, 3D fabrication, interaction design, mastery of form and material.
A degree and postgraduate qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as a BEng or MEng and a masters in Innovation Design Engineering, Industrial Design Engineering or equivalent design engineering experience is essential.
Interpersonal Skills: Tutoring; Team relationships; Operation within studio environments; operation within manufacturing environments; Data capture and analysis; web entry; course publicity; Virtual Learning Environments; Comfortable with navigating ambiguity and simultaneously organising a team whilst being part of a team; Project management. This role may involve some international travel to GID partners and GoGlobal locations, e.g. Asia and North America, as well as other countries.
Informal e-mail enquiries may be made to Professor Peter Childs at [email protected]
Our preferred method of application is online via our website. Please click ‘apply’ below or go to www.imperial.ac.uk/job-applicants (Select “Job Search” then enter the job title or vacancy reference number into “Keywords”). Please complete and upload an application form as directed quoting reference number EN20170300AM.
For enquiries regarding the application process, please contact Sarah Wissing at [email protected]
Interviews are likely to be held on 24 October 2017
Imperial Expectations guide the behaviour of all our staff.
Committed to equality and valuing diversity, we are also an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and are working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.
The College is a proud signatory to the San-Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA), which means that in hiring and promotion decisions, we evaluate applicants on the quality of their work, not the journal impact factor where it is published. For more information, see www.imperial.ac.uk/research-and-innovation/about-imperial-research/research-evaluation