Chair/Reader in Cybersecurity
Computer Science,Computer Science,Software Engineering,Information Systems
Short info about job
Company: University of York
Department: Department of Computer Science
Salary: Please see details below
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1255 1449066
Fax: +44-1354 8388854
Detail information about job Chair/Reader in Cybersecurity. Terms and conditions vacancy
The University of York is one of the UK's leading higher education institutions and a member of the prestigious Russell Group of universities. The Department is renowned internationally for its high impact research, combined with a dedication to high-quality teaching and excellent student satisfaction, as well as strong industrial links, making us one of the UK's top Computer Science departments.
The Role We welcome applications from researchers with a track record as an international leader in Cybersecurity, with some emphasis on pragmatic aspects of Cybersecurity. You will actively engage and collaborate with colleagues leading the development of Cybersecurity research and teaching. You’ll develop relationships across the wider University and beyond, to help build a distinctive and positive working environment that emphasises excellence.
To support this appointment we are appointing up to 10 lectureships within the department to further grow Cybersecurity research and our other core themes. Our intentions is to build our Cybersecurity research into an accredited centre. We would offer the appointed candidate support through these additional appointment and reduced teaching load in the first instance.
Key requirements: (relative to the position applied for – see candidate briefs for details)
- PhD in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline
- Internationally recognised knowledge of Cybersecurity with a focus on practical aspects of Cybersecurity (e.g., network security, digital forensics)
- Ability to consistently publish academic work that is recognised as internationally leading
- Ability to work with external and non-academic organisations for research impact and CPD
- Substantial publication record in leading peer-reviewed journals
- Significant and sustained success in accessing research grants and other external funding
- Self-motivated, dedicated and creative
Salary will be commensurate with experience: Chair: current minimum £62,585 Reader: £49,149 - £60,410
To apply Informal enquiries may be directed to Professor Neil Audsley ([email protected])
Closing date: 8 October 2017Interviews will be held in York on: 22 & 23 November 2017
Why York? We're a dynamic, research-intensive university and have experienced significant growth over the past ten years, securing national and international recognition for our academic excellence. Our attractive landscaped campus has seen significant development which will continue as the University continues to develop. We’re recognised consistently for our family-friendly policies and proud of our Athena SWAN Award.