KTP Research Associate (fixed term)
Health and Medical,Medicine and Dentistry,Pharmacology, Toxicology and Pharmacy,Biological Sciences,Biochemistry,Physical and Environmental Sciences,Chemistry,Materials Science
Short info about job
Company: University of Nottingham
Salary: £30,000 per annum plus significant training package
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Fixed-Term/Contract
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1450 6541229
Fax: +44-1432 4019592
Detail information about job KTP Research Associate (fixed term). Terms and conditions vacancy
Location: University Park
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious PhD qualified graduate to develop thermoresponsive electrospun fibre scaffolds for enzyme-free 3D cell culture within The Electrospinning Company Ltd based in Didcot. This position is a 24 month fixed term contract, with a £4,000 dedicated training budget tailored towards your personal development.
Qualifications we require:
As a minimum you will hold a postgraduate degree at PhD level at the physical/life sciences interface e.g. biochemistry, pharmacy, with core expertise in chemistry and materials science within the context of cell biology/regenerative medicine.
Essential knowledge and experience:
- Biomaterials fabrication and analysis, surface functionalisation and subsequent characterisation including WCA measurements and SEM with use of image analysis software.
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture and techniques used to study the interactions of cells with materials.
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- Polymer chemistry expertise including polymer synthesis, engineering or formulation; NMR and IR analytical techniques and interpretation of data.
- Biochemical and cell viability assays, immunocytochemistry, light microscopy and flow cytometry.
- Operating in clean-room environments, working to Quality Management Systems/ GMP.
The successful candidate must possess:
- Skills in report writing to a high standard and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work across traditional subject boundaries.
- Ability work as part of a team and independently.
- Data analytical and problem solving skills.
- Task prioritisation and focus to achieve results and work to deadlines.
- Enthusiasm, motivation and drive to embed new knowledge and to take full ownership of the project.
- Willingness to travel, as you will need to work for a period of up to six months at the School of Pharmacy, University of Nottingham.
About The Electrospinning Company Ltd:
The Electrospinning Company (TECL) designs, develops and manufactures materials for use in regenerative devices and for 3D cell culture. Based in the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in Didcot, TECL is at the forefront of clinical innovation, developing products utilising the world-class electrospinning platform. TECL has partnered with the University of Nottingham on this commercially driven project which supports the company’s strategy to become world leader in electrospun biomaterials for regenerative medicine.
This position forms part of the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) funded by Innovate UK. It’s essential you understand how KTP works with business and the University, and the vital role you will play if you successfully secure a KTP Associate position.
Please visit: http://bit.ly/2k2SMOA
This full time, post will be offered on a fixed-term contract for a period of 24 months.
If you have questions about this vacancy please contact: T: 0115 7484511 E: [email protected]
The University of Nottingham is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.