Group Finance Director
Short info about job
Company: University of Bristol
Salary: Not specified
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-114 8469879
Fax: +44-1383 9822021
Detail information about job Group Finance Director. Terms and conditions vacancy
The Group Finance Director is responsible for the overall financial management, financial planning, and internal and external financial reporting of the University Group. These functions are essential for ensuring the on-going sustainability of the University and for ensuring that it does not default on its significant external debt agreements. The post-holder will lead a large central finance team and be responsible for leading a variety of exciting continuous improvement projects.
As Group Finance Director your responsibilities will be complex and far-reaching.
Key accountabilities will include:
- People Management & Leadership: (raising performance, motivating, staff development, improved communication).
- Financial Analysis, Reporting & Documentation: (management information, financial statements, regulation, pricing initiatives).
- Planning & Organisation: (finance strategy development, annual budgeting, Value-for-Money initiatives).
- Continuous Improvement focus: (ERP systems development, pensions, team development).
- Stakeholder Management: (audit committee, senior leadership team, trustees/NED's).
- Decision Making & Problem Solving: (shape the overall revenue budget, develop the operating model)
The successful candidate must:
- Be a fully qualified CCAB (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) accountant.
- Hold a high level degree qualification and/or MBA or equivalent.
- Have excellent communication skills and an ability to build relationships with staff at all levels.
- Have strong leadership skills and high levels of energy, enthusiasm, flexibility and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Be able to demonstrate commitment to excellent customer service and a track record of assisting organisations to deliver significant financial and operating efficiency.
- Have a demonstrable track record of delivering organisational change including improvements to management reporting.
- Have led an annual budget setting process in a sizeable and complex entity and provided leadership of significant transaction services functions.
- Experience of working with Executive and/or Non-Executive Boards would be a significant advantage, as would pension's experience, and successful delivery of a Financial ERP systems implementation.
For more information and to apply please contact Nick Stavri at Page Executive, 01179 275911 or e-mail [email protected]
The University is committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive culture. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities.