Education Support Supervisor
Short info about job
Company: Wakefield College
Salary: £7,298 to £7,711 per annum (actual salary for 18.5hpw, 40 weeks per year)
Hours: Part Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-1284 1776458
Fax: +44-1466 6123474
Detail information about job Education Support Supervisor. Terms and conditions vacancy
As an Education Support Supervisor, you will work under the guidance of teaching staff and within an agreed system of supervision, to implement work programmes with individuals/groups in or out of the classroom including the supervision of whole classes during the short term absence of teachers.
Specifically this will involve:
- Ensure students access learning activities through providing specialist support
- Assist with the development, updating and implementation of Support Plans
- Establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Support students consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs
As Education Support Supervisor you must be able to demonstrate:
- GCSE A* - C/ 9 – 4 in Maths and English or equivalent
- Experience of working with groups of high needs students with highly complex needs
- Experience of lunchtime supervision of groups of high needs students
- Experience of undertaking personal and intimate care for high needs students
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11am, Wednesday 6 September 2017
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people. Adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.