Senior Lecturer in Operations Management
Business and Management Studies,Management,Other Business and Management Studies
Short info about job
Company: University of Kent
Department: Kent Business School
Salary: £49,149 to £56,950
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1404 3295867
Fax: +44-1355 5757629
Detail information about job Senior Lecturer in Operations Management. Terms and conditions vacancy
Kent Business School is seeking to appoint a Senior Lecturer in Operations Management to support the expansion of our Medway campus.
We are looking for a dedicated scholar who is keen to make a strong contribution to teaching and research as well as our student enterprise and business engagement activities. The successful applicant will lead and contribute to the delivery of marketing modules on both our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. Apart from a successful teaching record, he or she will have developed an original and productive research agenda, demonstrating the ability or clear potential to publish in internationally-ranked, peer-reviewed journals. Evidence of income generation, impactful research, scholarship, or corporate engagement is expected in the case of appointments at Senior Lecturer level.
As Senior Lecturer in Operations Management you will:
- Deliver and contribute to the design of high-quality, demand-driven and student-centred taught programmes; as Senior Lecturer to provide academic leadership in this area
- Engage in individual and collaborative research and scholarship leading to high-quality publications at acceptable levels of volume and academic excellence, develop income from research, enterprise, or corporate engagement individually or in collaboration with others. As Senior Lecturer, to engage in internationally excellent and/or world-leading research and scholarship, leading research, enterprise or consulting projects as well as other initiatives on behalf of the School; to generate income; and to contribute to the School’s overall strategy
- Contribute fully to the School and University by participating in meetings, working groups, committees and other School and University activities; at Senior Lecturer level, to support the management of the School, by taking on key roles and serve on School, Faculty or University
To be successful in this role you will have:
- PhD (or equivalent) in relevant area /near completion
- Teaching experience in operations management
- Relevant service to the institution, as evidenced through effective programme convenorship, successful curriculum development, substantial engagement in quality assurance and enhancement activities; leadership in institutional and/or professional accreditations; or comparable activity
- Evidence of successful publication activity in relevant 3* or 4* rated journals
- Proven track record of PhD supervision
Kent Business School (KBS) is one of the UK’s top 30 business schools and has the ambition to grow in both calibre and size. We are committed to developing employable graduates and informing the practice of management for a sustainable future.
Start date for applications: 23 Aug 2017
Closing date for applications: 26 Sept 2017
Interviews are to be held: 17th October 2017
Please see the links below to view the full job description and also to apply for this post. If you require further information regarding the application process please contact The Resourcing Team on [email protected] quoting ref number: SS1265
Please note - applications must be made via the University’s online application system. You will be required to fill in the main details section of the application form as well as upload your CV and a cover letter. Your cover letter should clearly and explicitly address the requirements of the Person specification and you should provide clear evidence and examples in your application which back-up any assertions you make in relation to each criterion. We recommend a maximum of 4 x A4 sides for this document.
If you are invited for an interview, we will request references for you at that stage.