NIHR Research Methods Fellowship
Health and Medical,Medicine and Dentistry,Mathematics and Statistics,Statistics,Economics
Short info about job
Company: Keele University
Department: Research Institute for Primary Care & Health Sciences
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Fixed-Term/Contract
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1270 6417633
Fax: +44-1225 4693603
Detail information about job NIHR Research Methods Fellowship. Terms and conditions vacancy
Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences
Starting salary: Grade 6a £29,799
The Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre, at Keele University has a thriving research programme on the course, prognosis and management of pain and arthritis, common mental health conditions and other morbidities. This is underpinned by high quality clinical trials and observational studies, with linkage to medical records. The Centre includes a multidisciplinary grouping of clinicians working alongside epidemiologists, statisticians and social scientists.
The Centre has successfully secured a 2-year NIHR Research Methods Fellowship attached to its research programmes. The successful candidate will undertake a 2-year, structured training programme in research methods and gain research experience in a high-quality environment.
- register to undertake short training courses in quantitative methods and/or MSc in Medical Statistics (University of Leicester) or MSc in Health Economics (University of Birmingham).
- gain experience and expertise in modelling longitudinal data through analysis of existing datasets, and in the design, planning, interim reporting and end-evaluation of randomised controlled trials.
- have a particular focus on analysis of data linked to the Centre’s clinical trials portfolio including methodological work relating to impact and pattern of missing data
- develop a PhD proposal to submit for an NIHR Doctoral Research Fellowship
- supervise a 3-month NIHR Research Methods Internship
You should have a Degree in a subject that contains substantial Mathematics/Statistics content. The Fellowship will attract a 2-year salaried position (University Grade 6a: £29,799 per annum) and funding to cover course fees.
For an informal discussion, please contact Dr Martyn Lewis on 01782 734849, or email: [email protected]
For full post details please visit: www.keele.ac.uk/vacancies
Keele University employees wishing to apply should login to Employee Self Service and click on the 'View current vacancies' link.
Promoting Equality, Valuing Diversity.
See job description for further details.