Tutor - Film &TV Production (Full Time)
Media and Communications,Media Studies
Short info about job
Company: The Manchester College
Salary: £20,042.08 to £37,976.59 per annum (subject to job evaluation)
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1554 7832122
Fax: +44-118 8979919
Detail information about job Tutor - Film &TV Production (Full Time). Terms and conditions vacancy
Great holiday allowance, excellent benefits package, 1000s of retail discounts and fantastic pension options. Join the largest Further Education College in the UK as a Film and TV Production Tutor on a permanent, full time (37hrs per week) basis. The award winning Manchester Film School at The Manchester College specialises in the teaching of practical, industry standard film making. It's graduates have gone on to work on high end drama and feature films across the world from Harry Potter to Downton Abbey.
- Join our innovative and growing department and be part of our amazing journey
- By becoming our new Film and TV Production Tutor help us reach our College 2020 strategic plan to grow and develop our provision.
- We have a common set of values across everything we do, helping define who we are and how we behave
- Improve lives and economic success through learning and skills
The Manchester College is based at many sites across the city, each with its own specialist cutting edge facilities within a friendly and supportive environment. We are the largest FE college in the UK providing education and training to a wide range of learners. We are currently looking for a tutor to teach single camera location production on the FdA and BA(Hons). This is a wide ranging role designed to assist the existing highly specialised teaching team and as such a teaching qualification is not essential, but a willingness to acquire one. There is no requirement for a specialism, but experience of all aspects of producing Film/TV drama, including writing, directing and producing drama films within the last two years is required. Knowledge or experience of underwater filming would be an advantage to support a developing specialism within the course. In order to do this, you will need:
- Must have a teaching / assessing (as appropriate) qualification and subject specialist qualification at Level 4 (Level 5 - new standards) with a commitment to obtain the relevant outstanding Level 4 (Level 5 - new standards) qualification within a specified time scale.
- Extensive knowledge of TV Drama, TV commercials or feature film production.
- Technical Knowledge of all areas of film production.
- Experience of running a small TV/Film production studio
- English & Maths - must be qualified to a minimum of Level 2
- Track record of effective teaching in delivering in subject specialism
- Plan, lead and develop the curriculum area within the establishment to ensure compliance with the national curriculum framework, the integration of functional skills, best practice and quality targets.
The Manchester College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We have also recently been awarded the Investors in Diversity award. All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes. Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation.