Communications Officer – 0.6 FTE
Administrative,PR, Marketing, Sales and Communication
Short info about job
Company: Heriot-Watt University
Department: School of Social Sciences
Salary: £25,728 to £29,799 per annum (pro-rata)
Hours: Part Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-1458 7573394
Fax: +44-1241 7870849
Detail information about job Communications Officer – 0.6 FTE. Terms and conditions vacancy
Reporting to the Director of Administration & School Registrar, the Communications Officer is responsible for the delivery of content across all channels, from print to digital, in order to generate applicant, student, staff and stakeholder engagement, and raise the School’s global profile.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Write, edit, collate and maintain high quality, accurate, dynamic content for use across all channels.
- Commission and oversee the development of rich media for the website (including photography and video content).
- Publish digital content using the content management system (CMS).
- Ensure digital and print content is integrated.
- Write copy, edit and proofread print publications.
- Ensure all content is consistent with brand guidelines, our visual identity, tone and style.
- Build effective relationships with the academic community to gather and deliver good content.
- Manage and develop all social media channels for SML and promote best practice.
- Advocate the use of social media within the academic community and provide appropriate advice and training.
- Report social media analytics.
- Creation of content for SML staff news & PR for internal and external audiences.
- Provide advice and guidance on news & PR and liaise with the Marketing and Communications team.
You will be educated to degree level or equivalent and ideally have a Marketing qualification together with a minimum of 2 years' experience in a communications or marketing function
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UKVI to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK. For further information on this please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website: www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas
For application details and further information please go to: www.hw.ac.uk/apply-jobs