Lecturer- English (Bank)
Languages, Literature and Culture,Languages,Literature
Short info about job
Company: Blackpool and The Fylde College
Salary: £24,412 to £29,131 per annum
Hours: Full Time, Part Time
Contract type: Fixed-Term/Contract
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1408 6097381
Fax: +44-1431 8480041
Detail information about job Lecturer- English (Bank). Terms and conditions vacancy
Summary of Responsibilities:
To bring innovation and creativity to the teaching of English, including being part of the college’s GCSE team, working with students across curriculum areas within the college to assist in the development and delivery of the managed learning of students.
As a member of the core GCSE English team at B&FC, this post will have responsibility for the development and delivery of GCSE English with a focus on Creative Arts and Digital Industries, working closely with other staff to ensure a high standard of teaching, learning and assessment.
All members of the GCSE team must be fully conversant with course regulations and specifications for GCSE English, thus ensuring conformity and best practice.
1. To be directly involved in the delivery and management of student learning within the School.
2. To be fully conversant with course regulations and specifications for the defined area thus ensuring conformity and best practice.
3. To assist in the development and delivery of related programmes.
4. To liaise with other staff to ensure a high standard of teaching and learning.
5. To assist with securing quality improvement within the School
6. To assist with monitoring student recruitment, retention and achievement and take remedial action where necessary
7. To use effectively the systems used in College (electronic or otherwise) to ensure student success, ie e-tracker, Moodle, internal verification etc. (This list is not exhaustive).
8 To be responsible for meeting recruitment targets including participation in interviews, Open Days and specific curriculum events.
9. To maintain an awareness of Health and Safety at all times and ensure that students are aware of safe practices and procedures.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
This job description is current at the date shown and may be amended after consultation and agreement between management and the post holder.