Lecturer in Sports and Exercise Psychology
Psychology,Sport and Leisure,Sports Science
Short info about job
Company: University of Kent
Department: School of Sport and Exercise Sciences
Salary: £33,518 to £47,722
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1460 7497589
Fax: +44-1549 9724243
Detail information about job Lecturer in Sports and Exercise Psychology. Terms and conditions vacancy
The School of Sport and Exercise Sciences is seeking to appoint a Lecturer in Sports and Exercise Psychology to join its teaching team. The successful candidate will be required to contribute to the delivery of our Sports and Exercise Psychology modules at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. They will also contribute to our successful research programme.
We are looking to expand our research activities, particularly in those areas allied to Sports and Exercise Psychology. The University of Kent also has an excellent Psychology department and we are keen to foster stronger links between these departments.
As a Lecturer you will:
- Teach, develop and administer undergraduate and future postgraduate modules and programmes related to Sports and Exercise Psychology.
- Provide academic support and supervision to undergraduate and future postgraduate students in the School.
- Be research active and contribute to the School’s research strategy at a leading institutional level.
- To seek external funding for research and/or enterprise related work.
- To assist with the School’s core activities.
To succeed in this role you will:
- Have an Undergraduate degree in a subject related to Sports Psychology or Psychology.
- Have a PhD in a relevant subject area to Sports and Exercise Psychology or Psychology.
- Have teaching experience relevant to Higher Education (HE) and advanced and detailed knowledge appropriate for teaching Sports and Exercise Psychology and related topics.
- Have Evidence of high quality recent research activity and an interest in pursuing research related to endurance performance, physical activity behaviour, or psychology of injury.
- The ability to provide an excellent student experience in teaching, assessment and supervision at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
The School of Sport and Exercise Sciences is a leading department for the study of sport that is friendly, dynamic and innovative. Based on the University of Kent’s award-winning Medway Campus we are an ambitious academic department set up in 2001. Our aim is to establish the University of Kent as a premier institution for Sport and Exercise in teaching and research.
Closing date for applications: 01 October 2017
Interviews are to be held: 26 October 2017
Please click on the apply button below to view the full job description and also to apply for this post. If you require further information regarding the application process please contact The Resourcing Team on [email protected] quoting ref number: STM0831
Please note - applications must be made via the University’s online application system. You will be required to fill in the main details section of the application form as well as upload your CV and a cover letter. Your cover letter should clearly and explicitly address the requirements of the Person specification and you should provide clear evidence and examples in your application which back-up any assertions you make in relation to each criterion. We recommend a maximum of 4 x A4 sides for this document.
CVs or details sent directly to the department or via email cannot be considered.
For academic posts: If you are invited for an interview, we will request references for you at that stage.