Programme Administrator (3 posts)
Short info about job
Company: University of Reading
Department: Student & Applicant Services
Salary: £19,305 to £22,214 per annum
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-1335 6640655
Fax: +44-1204 7197387
Detail information about job Programme Administrator (3 posts). Terms and conditions vacancy
This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of an energetic team at the forefront of delivering high quality, student focussed and comprehensive administrative support throughout the student lifecycle, right from enrolment through to receiving their final results.
Our Programme Administrators play a key role in the smooth and seamless delivery of best practice administrative support which includes close contact with students and staff alike to provide assistance in a wide variety of situations, from assessment and records management, committee servicing to teaching support such as coordinating field trips. We are advertising for a number of positions to this role.
You will be joining us at an exciting time as the University of Reading has recently reconfigured its programme administration and you can look forward to contributing to new developments to further improve the delivery of the Support Centre’s services.
The job description of the role gives the full range of activities you may be involved with, in support of your allocated programme(s). Previous experience in Higher Education administration is not required, as full training on systems and processes will be given and support from line managers, peers and academic staff will be available to ensure that you are able to learn your new role quickly.
You will have:
- Previous experience in an administrative role.
- Ability to contribute to setting up and maintaining effective systems and procedures.
- Good organisational and IT skills including some experience of working with databases to maintain and retrieve data.
- A strong focus on attention to detail and maintaining accuracy.
- A strong commitment to the provision of an excellent customer service with the ability to proactively suggest improvements.
- The ability to develop and sustain collaborative and effective working relationships with a range of colleagues and be passionate about delivering excellent customer service to them.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to show empathy and sensitivity when required.
Informal contact detailsContact role: Support Centre ManagerContact name: Elizabeth ForbesContact phone: 0118 378 8056Contact email: [email protected]
Alternative informal contact detailsContact role: Support Centre ManagerContact name: Susanna McFeelyContact phone: 0118 378 8376Contact email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 21 September 2017Interviews to be held 2 - 4 October 2017 (TBC)
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and we welcome applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements which will be considered in line with business needs.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates who do not already have permission to work in the UK should note that this role is not recognised as a graduate level job by UK Visas and Immigration and the Tier 2 sponsorship route is not available for non-graduate level occupations. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.