Associate Professor / Professor of Midwifery
Health and Medical,Medicine and Dentistry,Nursing
Short info about job
Company: University of Technology Sydney
Department: Midwifery (Faculty of Health)
£90,028.74 to £111,944.39 converted salary* per annum
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1343 7980438
Fax: +44-1273 4571105
Detail information about job Associate Professor / Professor of Midwifery. Terms and conditions vacancy
The Faculty of Health at the University of Technology Sydney is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced academic leader to join our Midwifery teaching, learning and research team in this leadership position.
UTS: Health offers innovative, practice-based education and high impact research that focuses in improving health outcomes in both local and global communities. Our learning and teaching is shaped on our unique UTS Model of Learning framework, which encourages a collaborative and globally relevant learning approach and development of graduate attributes.
About the RoleAs an academic leader in Midwifery, you will be responsible for providing leadership in innovative subject and course development and teaching delivery. You will teach in undergraduate and postgraduate programs and participate in and provide leadership in Faculty meetings, academic interest group meetings, student activities, and committees and sub-committees. The role also offers the opportunity to undertake research as well as provide research leadership to staff of the Faculty, and assist colleagues to enhance their research skills and increase their own research output.
Strong candidates for this position will have:
- Demonstrated of knowledge of, and experience in contemporary midwifery practice and registration, or eligibility to register, as a Midwife in Australia
- A PhD in midwifery or related discipline and extensive research leadership experience in midwifery
- An established research record in midwifery including a significant number of peer-reviewed publications and grants
- An understanding and currency in midwifery knowledge and professional positioning of the discipline nationally and internationally
- Proven ability to develop and lead research teams and to obtain external grants for research, coordinate research projects and publish in high quality journals
- Evidence of high quality teaching and supervision with extensive experience at undergraduate, postgraduate (coursework and research) levels
- Successful development and teaching of innovative subjects and courses in midwifery.
In the QS World University Rankings 2017 UTS Nursing and Midwifery were ranked number one in Australia and number 4 in the world for educating nurses and midwives.
Remuneration:Salary Range: AU$146,412 to AU$155,915 pa (Level D) AU$182,053 pa (Level E)
The university offers 17% employer provided superannuation and salary packaging opportunities.
This appointment will be on Continuing Full Time basis.
You will also reap the rewards of working in a dynamic, supportive, environment with employee benefits including flexible work practices, study support, discounted gym membership and generous parental leave.
How to ApplyPrior to commencing your application for IRC99238, please review the Candidate Information Pack, Position Description and the relevant selection criteria - click on the apply link to be taken to the relevant page.
Specific enquiries regarding the role may be directed to Professor Caroline Homer – Professor of Midwifery, at [email protected] or +61 2 9514 4886.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to Recruitment Team at [email protected] or +61 2 9514 1080
Closing Date: Monday 2nd October 2017at 11.59pm (AEST)