Public Affairs & Advocacy Manager
Lead the public affairs and advocacy function for this high profile, growing biopharma company. Attractive salary package and benefits on offer.
Summary about this job
Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices
Company: Pharmaceutical & Medical Professionals, an HPG Business
Work type: Full Time
Salary: Base, Car Allow, Bonus, Equity, Health Insurance
Detail information about job Public Affairs & Advocacy Manager. Terms and conditions vacancy
Pharmaceutical & Medical Professionals, a Healthcare Professionals Group business is currently recruiting a Public Affairs & Advocacy Manager for this high profile global biopharmaceutical organisation.
About the company
Described as one of the most innovative and exciting players in the pharmaceutical sector, this global biopharma has a market leading portfolio of products, along with new innovative medicines across a broader range of therapeutics over the coming years. This organisation has a reputation for a high level scientific approach to healthcare solutions, and is recognised for providing access to a broad scope of career development opportunities at the local, regional and global level.
About the opportunity
In this newly crafted role encompassing Public Affairs and Patient Advocacy, you will be utilising your experience in public/corporate affairs and advocacy to map and engage with key external stakeholders providing opportunities to influence the external operational environment and framework. With the guidance and support of the department head, you will work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to execute advocacy plans in line with broader market access strategies, working closely with commercial, medical and business operations functions.
- Work with the department head to develop local messages to further build confidence in the external perception of the organisation and its portfolio of products
- Assist with the development and implementation of public relations, advocacy and government affairs strategy across the market access environment
- Manage and develop relationships with key stakeholders
- Provide input into business planning from a public relations and advocacy standpoint
Skills and Experience
- Established experience working across corporate affairs and advocacy in the Australian pharmaceutical industry
- Broad knowledge of cross-functional departments including commercial, clinical medical affairs, compliance, regulatory and operations
- Experience managing advocacy programs and engaging with external stakeholders including patient groups
- Ability to influence and engage internal and external stakeholders to influence and shape the market access environment and drive market access outcomes
- Postgraduate qualifications in science/health/public relations
Why this opportunity is right for you
- Raise your profile and expand your experience in corporate affairs and advocacy to lead this function for this growing biopharma
- Increased opportunity to work closely with and drive strategic activities cross functionally
- Hone your commercial and market access experience whilst engaging with external stakeholders
- Use your passion for healthcare to drive strategies to increase access to medicines
- Highly attractive salary package including car allowance, bonus and a range of benefits
How to Apply
Click apply or contact Adrian McConchie, Associate Director on 03 9938 7103 for a confidential discussion.
Pharmaceutical & Medical Professionals, a Healthcare Professionals Group business. Recruiting all positions, at all levels, into biotechnology, medical devices, pharmaceutical and scientific companies. For more pharmaceutical or medical related job opportunities visit www.pmpconnect.com. For other healthcare related job opportunities visit www.hpgconnect.com