Senior Community Liaison Officer
An exciting time to join the Infrastructure and Services Division of Transport for NSW where you can be part of the significant government...
Summary about this job
Government - State
Company: Transport for NSW
Work type: Contract/Temp
Detail information about job Senior Community Liaison Officer. Terms and conditions vacancy
- An exciting time to join the Infrastructure and Services Division of Transport for NSW where you can be part of the significant government investment into NSW infrastructure
- Four-year fixed term contract position until the 01/05/2022, located in Parramatta (close to station, shopping centre, parks, public transport)
- Be part of a great communications and engagement team within a major Transport for NSW project delivery office
Great people come from all walks of life and at Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve.
Transport for NSW is set to deliver some of the most exciting projects ever completed in NSW. We?re spending more than $20bn on improvements, and major projects to deliver a world-class transport system for NSW through our ?Rebuilding NSW? plan.
We have an opportunity for a four-year, fixed term contract Senior Community Liaison Officer to be a part of the Parramatta Light Rail ?Communications and Engagement? team within Transport for NSW.
This position provides essential liaison and coordination to ensure that our Parramatta Light Rail (PLR) project delivery partners keep the local community, stakeholders and general public informed and engaged with a high standard of news, communications materials and project collateral. This role will be the interface between the Parramatta Light Rail project and the contractors? own communications and engagement teams.
The Senior Community Liaison Officer will also be responsible for:
- Living the NSW Public Sector and organisational values to achieve outstanding outcomes for the organisation and its customers
- Managing the coordination of activities associated with PLR to ensure that Contract Delivery Partners meet the communications, stakeholder and community liaison requirements of their contracts, including: approval of communications materials such as newsletters, media releases, correspondence, project signage and wayfinding; community notifications; coordination of meetings; responding to complaints and enquiries; and reporting and evaluation requirements.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with the PLR project staff , the contractor; and the community and stakeholders to facilitate the exchange of information and collaboration
- Contributing to the monitoring of contract performance to ensure the communications and engagement liaison requirements of the contract are met
- Preparing and managing relevant documentation including reports and correspondence on complaints and issues referred, and contractor performance, to ensure all issues and matters are resolved promptly and satisfactorily
- Reviewing contractor plans to ensure they comply with the communications, stakeholder and community liaison requirements of the contracts.
For more information on this position, view the role description here.
If you are looking for an environment in which you can contribute to creating a legacy of achievement that will last for generations, and enjoy a flexible and diverse working environment which values collaboration and personal development, then we?d like to meet you.
Infrastructure and Services provides integrated planning, development, delivery of transport assets and operations of transport services that customers value. We transform strategy into seamless transport networks and services, efficiently and effectively.
The Parramatta Light Rail will connect Westmead to Parramatta and Carlingford via Camellia with a two-way light track 12 kilometres long. The first stage of the Parramatta Light Rail is expected to open in 2023 and will link Parramatta?s CBD and train station to the Westmead Precinct, Parramatta North Growth Centre, the new Western Sydney Stadium, the Camellia Precinct, the new Powerhouse Museum and Riverside Theatres cultural precinct, the private and social housing redevelopment at Telopea, Rosehill Gardens Racecourse and three Western Sydney University campuses. Planning of future stages is also being undertaken by the PLR project delivery office.
TfNSW Grade 9: $126,194 - $141,336 base + superannuation and leave loading
- 4 weeks annual leave with annual leave loading
- Salary packaging options ( Superannuation/car lease options)
Work Life balance
- Location based with flexibility to remote work
- Flexible hours between 7am ? 7pm with the ability to earn a flex day every 4 weeks
- 35 hour work week
- Partnership with Fitness Passport for ongoing staff and their families to access more than 390 gyms and pools at a discounted rate
- Study Assistance for approved courses
- Leadership development programs
- Careers focus program
At Transport our people have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities, health and wellbeing programs, and a program that helps you stay connected with work before, during and after parental leave.
Check out our Employee Benefits Guide to find out more about the benefits available to you when you join Transport.
Our commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life and at Transport for NSW we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of relevant statutory requirements in relation to communications and engagement liaison aspects of infrastructure project delivery.
- Experience in the delivery of communications, stakeholder and community liaison outcomes on a large infrastructure project, ideally in the transport field
- Demonstrated track record in developing and delivering strategic relationship management and supporting processes and systems for large and complex organisations.
Please note: The successful candidate may need to undertake background checks and criminal record checks.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and brief covering letter (Covering letter no longer than two pages) which addresses:
a) The reason for your interest, and
b) How your skills and experience suit the role
Should you have enquiries about the role, please contact Lisa Thomas, Manager, Communications and Public Affairs, Parramatta Light Rail, on 0428 231 896.
If you encounter technical issues please contact I Work for NSW Support Team on 1800 562 679 (Mon-Fri) or [email protected]
Applications close: 11:59pm, Sunday 22 July 2018.