Provide non-technical project support to the Roadside Drug Test (RDT) Expansion Project.
Summary about this job
Government - State
Company: Victoria Police
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Project Officer. Terms and conditions vacancy
- VPSG4 range $82,574 - $93,689 p.a. + super + leave loading.
- One full time, fixed term (until 30.06.2020) position available
- Position located at the Victoria Police Centre, 637 Flinders Street, Docklands
We are currently seeking a proficient Project Officer to join our expanding team and provide non-technical project support to the Roadside Drug Test (RDT) Expansion Project. The role is critical to ensure effective day to day management of the RDT Expansion program of works, ensuring the project's outcomes are achieved, identifying and mitigating project risks and issues and ensuring project outputs are achieved within established budgets and timeframes. You will also be skilled in effective communication and change management practices in a project environment.
This position will report through to the RDT Expansion Senior Project Manager.
Your duties will include:
- Using appropriate project management planning and monitoring tools to track project progress.
- Managing project related procurement activities.
- Maintaining project documentation including actions, decision, risks and issues registers.
- Designing, documenting, delivering and reviewing all non-technical project elements and documents including:
- Stakeholder Engagement and Analysis;
- Internal and External Communications (incl. management of an external media education and awareness campaign);
- Implementation and Training plans; and
- Policy and Procedure Development.
- Assisting with the management and delivery of effective organisational change management activities.
- Preparing high quality reports, analysis papers, project proposals, and briefing notes as required.
- Supporting governance forums and project work groups.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Demonstrated project management experience and capability, including the ability to achieve objectives within tight timeframes, and actively engage stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, negotiate the resolution of issues, and secure cooperation to deliver collaborative projects.
- Ability to work autonomously on your own initiative and be self-motivated and driven.
- Possess excellent conceptual, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively and flexibly operate in a dynamic and fast paced project environment.
Requirements and relevant information:
- A relevant tertiary education or qualification in Project Management and/or Training and Assessment would be highly desirable.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
- This position is primarily located at the Victoria Police Centre - 637 Flinders Street, Docklands.
Your application must include:
- Completed application form - attached to the job advertisement.
Applications close midnight, Sunday 22 July 2018 - No applications will be accepted via email.
For further information on this role please contact:Trent RHODES on (03) 9247 5169 or via email [email protected]
If you have a disability / medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirement / adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact the VPS Recruitment Team via email [email protected]
Victoria Police is a large organisation employing police, public servants and protective services officers. Victoria Police provides support to the community 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
At Victoria Police our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We continually seek to attract and retain a diverse workforce which includes people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
Find out what it is like working as a Victorian Public Servant for Victoria Police: http://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au