Senior Project Officer
The Senior Project Officer will be a strategic thinker with extensive experience in providing high level project management support and advice.
Summary about this job
Government - State
Company: Victoria Police
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Senior Project Officer. Terms and conditions vacancy
- VPSG5 range $95,275 - $115,276 p.a. + super + leave loading.
- One full time, fixed term (until 30.06.2020) position available.
- Position located at Victoria Police Centre, 637 Flinders Street, Docklands.
About the role:
As the RDT Expansion Senior Project Officer, you will be a strategic thinker with extensive experience in providing high level project management support and advice. You will be familiar with and comfortable in deploying innovative tools and techniques to unearth insights and offer strategic direction. Your innovative thinking will play a key role in analysing the existing RDT business and defining and executing strategies that will enable an end-to-end business transformation review of the entire RDT program. The findings of the RDT review will culminate in the development and submission of future Business Cases to Government for ongoing commitment to an expanded RDT program.
This position will report directly to the Senior Project Manager and will lead all project support elements and resources. The position will also assist consultants and/or contractors with all procurement and IT/communications related project elements.
Your duties will include:
- Leading, coordinating and managing the end-to-end business transformation review of the entire RDT program.
- Leading the development of technical, business and user requirements and associated specifications.
- Assisting in the development and management of the projects procurement (i.e. market approach, procurement plan and evaluation, market capability assessment and contract management).
- Management of all operational working/focus groups.
- Designing the project implementation plan.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external) to create mutually beneficial partnerships essential to the success of the project.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Proven and demonstrated project management experience and capability including knowledge and/or experience of procurement processes, project planning and scoping and contract management.
- Ability to achieve objectives within tight project timeframes, and actively engage internal and external stakeholders in this process.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with an ability to prepare well-written, timely, concise, accurate and audience-appropriate project briefings, reports and documents.
- Highly developed ability to effectively and flexibly operate in a dynamic and fast paced project environment.
Requirements and relevant information:
- A relevant tertiary education or qualification in Project Management would be highly desirable.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
- This position is primarily located at the Victoria Police Centre - 637 Flinders Street, Docklands.
Your application must include:
- Completed application form - attached to the job advertisement.
Applications close midnight, Sunday 22 July 2018 - No applications will be accepted via email.
For further information on this role please contact: Trent RHODES on (03) 9247 5169 or via email [email protected]
If you have a disability / medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirement / adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact the VPS Recruitment Team via email [email protected]
Victoria Police is a large organisation employing police, public servants and protective services officers. Victoria Police provides support to the community 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
At Victoria Police our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We continually seek to attract and retain a diverse workforce which includes people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
Find out what it is like working as a Victorian Public Servant for Victoria Police: http://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au