C&K Amberley Community Childcare Centre - Part Time Assistant
We have an amazing Part Time opportunity to join the dedicated and hard-working team at C&K Amberley on a Fixed Term contract!
Summary about this job
Government - State
Company: C&K Association
Work type: Part Time
Detail information about job C&K Amberley Community Childcare Centre - Part Time Assistant. Terms and conditions vacancy
- Assistant position
- Part time contract role until December 2018
- Senior Toddlers room
C&K Amberley Community Child Care Centre are seeking a passionate Assistant for a part time position commencing July 2018. The successful educator will be working 8 hours per week every Wednesday in the Senior Toddlers room.
This person will have extensive experience within the toddler age group, and will be eager to work alongside a dedicated Group Leader. Building close relationships with children and their families will be a strong priority in this role, and we are looking for an early childhood professional who prides themselves on their networking ability and collaboration with like-minded educators.
The suitable applicant will be responsible for:
- Demonstrating an understanding of and the ability to assist with the implementation of C&K Building Waterfalls Curriculum
- Demonstrating an understanding of The Early Years Learning Framework
- Assisting with planning, documenting and implementing a program for each child taking into account their strengths, capabilities, culture, interests and experiences
- Assisting with monitoring, recording and evaluating children's learning and experiences and makes adjustments to the program where necessary
- Supporting and guiding children's behaviour in positive ways
- Having an ability to work with and support children with additional needs
- Demonstrating recognition, acceptance and respect towards Australia's first people - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Assisting with the implementation of experiences and the provision of an environment which aims to increase children's knowledge and understanding of Australia's first people
- Certificate III in Children's Services (or equivalent qualification) or currently enrolled and actively working towards a suitable qualification
- Hold a current blue card (or ability to obtain)
- Current first aid/CPR including asthma and anaphylaxis
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential
- Knowledge of the C&K Building Waterfalls Curriculum (desirable)
- An ability to work as an effective team member and to support the teacher
- A developing understanding of the provision of a safe, well planned indoor and outdoor learning environment
- An ability to document observations of children's behaviour and development
- An ability to implement a planned program, ensuring the needs of individual children and the group are met
C&K is proud to be the largest and longest established provider of community-based early childhood education and care services in Queensland. Working at C&K you will have access to many benefits including, but not limited to, above-award wages, salary packaging options, priority access to C&K childcare and kindergarten centres and access to study through our C&K College. C&K is committed to an inclusive workforce and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally-diverse backgrounds. All C&K employees are required to undergo background checks which includes police checks.
Please note the advertising closing date is indicative only. C&K reserve the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.