Psychologist - Locum/Full-time and Part - time roles
Join International SOS and provide mental health support to the Australian Defence Force.
Summary about this job
Government - State
Company: Garrison Services
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Psychologist - Locum/Full-time and Part - time roles. Terms and conditions vacancy
- Case Management
- Contract until June 2019
- Must be an Australian Citizen
International SOS provides clinical staff to the Australian Defence Force (ADF) across NSW & ACT. Our employees play a vital role in ensuring our Airforce, Army and Naval personnel are both physically and mentally equipped to protect our country. These on-base roles are both highly rewarding and challenging.
What's in it for you?
- Full -time/Part -time/ Locum work ( ACT + NSW)
- Flexible work arrangements
- You will working in an environment with a fit and mainly healthy workforce, who are motivated to get better
- You will be provided with the opportunity to participate in ongoing learning and development opportunities,
- The facilities are well equipped with all the tools (and more) necessary to get the job done
- We use a paperless timesheet system and rostering App from your tablet or smart phone!
- We provide wellness initiatives to our employees through access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and yearly influenza shots!
What will you do?
- initial intake assessment;
- suicide risk assessment;
- crisis intervention;
- case formulation and treatment planning;
- counselling interventions;
- care coordination; and
- group psycho-education
What do you need to apply?
Looking after the health of our Defence Force, and proactively managing health issues is paramount! In order to do so, we require our applicants to:
- A minimum of 2 years post graduate experience within the previous 5 years in a range of mental health settings using a evidence informed interventions including comprehensive mental health assessment, relapse prevention, care co- ordination and case management, individual counselling, and group therapies
- Current unrestricted and unconditional registration as a Psychologist, with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Demonstrated understanding of consumer focus in clinical practice.
- Evidence of commitment to maintaining ongoing professional development and individual clinical supervision requirements
- Knowledge of relevant state/territory policies and procedures governing mental health practice
How to Apply
To apply, please click on the link and ensure you attach your resume (listing full-time/part-time hours worked in against each position)
These roles provide an exciting and challenging opportunity, for clinicians who are interested in stepping out of their comfort zone. If you’re interested in discussing these opportunities further, don't hesitate to email: [email protected]