Senior Policy Officer, Social Policy
You have the opportunity to join the Queensland public sector; in a position of trust where you will contribute to better outcomes for Queenslanders
Summary about this job
Government - State
Company: Department of Premier and Cabinet
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Senior Policy Officer, Social Policy. Terms and conditions vacancy
You have the opportunity to join the Queensland public sector; in a position of trust where you will contribute to better outcomes for Queenslanders by giving effect to the policies and priorities of the elected Government.
About us: As the lead central agency of the Queensland public service, we serve the Premier and Cabinet, build confidence in and drive an innovative government, while providing whole of government leadership to deliver outstanding results and value for money for the people of Queensland.
Our commitment: We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace by supporting equal opportunities irrespective of gender, culture, generation, sexual orientation or disability. We promote a respectful workplace culture that is free from all forms of harassment, workplace bullying, discrimination and violence. We recognise the importance of supporting and retaining a mobile, flexible and agile workforce.
Your contribution: As Senior Policy Officer you will assist with the identification, development and analysis of complex policy options and advice on major policy issues. You will also:
- provide input to high level policy advice on policy and planning issues relevant to Queensland;
- monitor and follow up all requests for policy information, including the preparation of responses;
- work within the Social Policy team to manage specific projects and activities;
- prepare, or contribute to the preparation of, timely and well researched submissions, briefs and notes on complex issues, including Cabinet submissions;
- represent Policy Division or the department, as required, at inter-departmental and inter-governmental meetings; and
- liaise and support negotiations with other government agencies, other levels of government and with the private sector on significant matters.
For further information about this role and details on how to apply, please visit the Queensland Government Smart Jobs and Careers website at www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au
Job Ad Reference: QLD/282165/18
Closing Date: Wednesday 25 July 2018
All applicants are encouraged to advise the panel of any additional support or reasonable adjustments required during the recruitment process.