Community Services Officer: Grenville CHSP
Work for SA's next great city as a Community Services Officer Grenville CHSP in an fixed term part time role at the City of Playford!
Summary about this job
Government - Local
Company: City of Playford Council
Work type: Contract/Temp
Detail information about job Community Services Officer: Grenville CHSP. Terms and conditions vacancy
Part-Time (26.6 hours per week)
Fixed Term Contract until 30 June 2019
Classification: GO3 ($67,530 + 9.5% Superannuation full time equivalent)
- Join the fastest growing Council in the State
- Be part of a fast-paced, dynamic and leading edge Local Government environment
- Enjoy a great work-life balance through flexible working conditions
- Great benefits including salary packaging, excellent leave entitlements and study assistance
This is a fantastic opportunity to make your mark in a fast-paced, dynamic and innovative environment within the fastest growing Council in South Australia.
The fastest growing Council in South Australia, the City of Playford has a strong community spirit amidst its culturally diverse population of 90,000 residents.
Covering 350km2 and spread over urban and peri-urban areas, the heart of Playford is undergoing an unprecedented transformation. In the past three years, our Council has secured over $440 million in private and public investment into Playford’s CBD, Sports and Health Precincts as well as our growth areas.
The City of Playford is open for business. We welcome the opportunity to work with people who can play a role developing South Australia’s Next Great City.
To view our Strategic Plan for a 'Smart City, Connected Community' visit our website: www.playford.sa.gov.au
About the role...
We are seeking a passionate and community-focused individual to join our Community Inclusion team at the Grenville Hub and support the delivery of the centre's Social Support Group programs in-line with the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP). Your primary focus will be to coordinate, promote and deliver these programs as well as to provide support for setting up of the Centre's events, ensuring a creative and innovative approach that celebrates living life to the fullest and supports active ageing.
This role will see you regularly consulting with consumers around program planning and reviews with a continuous improvement focus, work closely with volunteers around the coordination and delivery of programs, ensure all Programs are delivered within budget and aligned to Council Policy and Procedure, and assist with the overall set-up and smooth operation of the Grenville Centre.
The working hours and days for this role are as follows:
- Monday: All Day
- Tuesday: All Day
- Wednesday: All Day
- Friday: Afternoon
The successful candidate will have an unwavering passion and commitment to delivering positive outcomes for the Community, together with appropriate qualifications in Community Services and/or Aged Care. In addition, you will possess:
- A sound understanding of the CHSP Principles and Objectives;
- Solid experience delivering group activities, particularly for older people;
- A demonstrated, creative and innovative approach to planning and delivering activities, programs and events that promote wellness;
- Extensive experience in both office administration and customer service;
- The ability to work collaboratively and establish strong working relationships across a wide variety of demographics;
- The ability to work independently, as well as being part of a team;
- Excellent time management and interpersonal communication skills.
For further information please contact Maria Callander, Manager Community Inclusion on (08) 8256 0183.
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a Local Government environment, we want to hear from you!
Applications close at 5:00pm on Wednesday Tuesday 25 July 2018.
The City of Playford values diversity and work life balance. While this opportunity is a part time role, applicants seeking other working arrangements are encouraged to apply and advise of your preferences in your covering letter.