Process Improvement Specialist
Brand new role focused on process and operational improvement initiatives for the council’s biggest supplier contract!
Summary about this job
Government - Local
Company: City of Melbourne
Work type: Contract/Temp
Detail information about job Process Improvement Specialist. Terms and conditions vacancy
$106,988 + 9.5% Superannuation
Temporary to 30 June 2020
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
As the Process Improvement Specialist you will be responsible for identifying and delivering operational improvement initiatives for the council’s biggest supplier contract of civil infrastructure services contract.
You will be responsible for working with and supporting the engineering team as well as the broader business, to deliver operational efficiencies across all areas of supplier management. This includes but is not limited to, reviewing current state processes and systems, understanding business requirements, benchmarking against better practices framework, identifying improvement opportunities, developing better practice operational capabilities, implementing changes and managing both internal and external stakeholders through the change.
The role requires high level written and verbal communications skills, good time management capabilities and the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders. To be successful in this role, you will bring your experience, knowledge, enthusiasm and team spirit to progress City of Melbourne’s vision for a forward thinking and leading Engineering Services.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Proven experience in delivering operational improvement initiatives
- High level analytical and lateral thinking skills with the ability to operate autonomously and take initiative
- Strong project management skills
- A good working knowledge of supplier management and contract management
- High level verbal communications with the ability to use strong discretion and judgment in a complex business and political environment; as well as strong written communication skills with the ability to research, prepare and deliver complex correspondence, reports and presentations
- High level experience in developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with stakeholders at all levels and tailoring to individual requirements
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable within a changing environment and delivering high volume outcomes
- Influencing skills with demonstrated experience in achieving effective business outcomes.
- Green Belt Six Sigma certification
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Craig Stevens, Principal Engineer Infrastructure
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
Enquiries: People and Culture
Ph: (03) 9658 9140
Applications Close: 24/07/2018