We’re seeking an experienced Communications Officer to join our small, highly productive Communications team.
Summary about this job
Government - Local
Company: Campbelltown City Council
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Communications Officer. Terms and conditions vacancy
Campbelltown City Council is a progressive and innovative organisation in a city surrounded by green spaces and bushland, providing services to a vibrant and diverse community. We have a cohesive and collaborative culture that thrives on having an impact on the local community for the greater good.
Council’s small and highly skilled Communications team provides communications support and advice to teams across the organisation and is responsible for the development and distribution of a range of digital and print communications collateral that positively promotes Council’s programs, events and initiatives.
About the role:
We’re seeking an experienced Communications Officer to join our small, highly productive Communications team. As part of Council’s Corporate Support Systems section, this position will be responsible for the implementation of strategic media initiatives to support the management of media issues and opportunities.
You will research and prepare content for a wide range of communication platforms, possess exceptional writing and editing skills, and have demonstrated experience with internal communication strategies.
Maintaining effective working relationships with key media contacts and internal staff is essential, as is flexibility to work outside of normal working hours on occasion.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in communications,
- Marketing and/or extensive relevant job-related experience;
- Demonstrated media liaison skills and ability to proactively seek positive media and photographic opportunities;
- Demonstrated capacity to develop, implement and monitor marketing and communications strategies.
- Commitment to role modeling our values of: Respect, Integrity, Optimism, Trust and Teamwork.
As a member of our friendly and passionate team, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- Permanent full-time, 35 hours per week
- Salary from $1368.70 per week + 9.5% superannuation
- Mobile phone
- Flexi time
- Generous leave provisions
- Generous professional development opportunities
- Weekly pay
- Staff car park
For further information on this position, please contact Sabrina Peroumal, Executive Manager Corporate Support Systems on 4645 4668.
20 July 2018. Sound like you? Apply now!