Commercial Pricing & Yield Manager (Melbourne or Sydney)
Join our Pricing and Yield team to seek opportunities to improve the commercial arrangement with existing customer
Summary about this job
Government - Federal
Company: Australia Post Group
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Commercial Pricing & Yield Manager (Melbourne or Sydney). Terms and conditions vacancy
We’re growing every day, and this exciting role is your chance to innovate, take on big challenges and deliver big results - all while embarking on a rewarding career with a company that constantly delivers for its employees, and Australians.
About the role
We’re looking for someone to join the StarTrack Pricing and Yield team to drive business and product performance through effective managing of our Annual Pricing Review (APR) & managing pricing reviews customers. The role will seek opportunities to improve the commercial arrangement with existing customer to improve overall profitability and to defend market share.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Commission and maintain project valuation models in respect of initiatives (e.g. APR valuation model)
- Work with finance business partner to report on valuation impact of P&L owner decisions
- Report to stakeholders on health and progress of the project (process and financial) as well as forecast the financial landing zone throughout the delivery process
- Utilise existing tools (for example our profitability model & Customer Yield model) and develop report to identify & manage low yielding customers. Work with finance to constantly enhance & finesse this reporting
Other aspects of the job include:
- Build relevant business case to seek internal support and funding as required for process improvements or system upgrades
- Maintain a register of issues and opportunities quantifying impact to profitability, customers and other stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Coordinate process development and process uplift in accordance with agreed priorities
- Commission the development of profitability/yield insight by customer for P&L owner decision making support
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone who loves numbers and is passionate about reducing costs to drive profit increase. You’ll be working in an open, collaborative environment where you’ll be encouraged to have your say and get the most out of your talents, and those of the people around you.
So what talents are we talking about? Well, this role will suit someone with strong financial modelling skills alongside the ability to work with internal stakeholders and customers to delivery the best outcome for all. A good understanding of competitors, customer’s requirements, pricing and how best to sell and leverage the respective service offers against competitors is also highly valued.
The Australia Post philosophy
For us, a diverse, inclusive and enjoyable culture is the foundation for great work. It’s why we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities and cultures, and promote a flexible way of working that enables a genuine work-life balance.
Plus, our unique scale and scope means there are outstanding opportunities for career growth and personal development, whatever your ambitions.
Ready to take the next step in your career?
Get started by registering your interest.