APS6 Policy / Project Officer
Join a taskforce talking strategy for infrastructure project. Initial 6 month contract with extension options
Summary about this job
Policy, Planning & Regulation
Company: HorizonOne Recruitment
Work type: Contract/Temp
Salary: $60 - $70 p.h. + Super
Detail information about job APS6 Policy / Project Officer. Terms and conditions vacancy
Our client is a large iconic cultural department with a specific national agenda. The department is responsible for many major projects and policies for both federal and local government.
You will be offered the opportunity to work on a small taskforce designed to address infrastructure and industry issues. Work is conducted through extensive consultation and policy analysis, primarily through a jurisdictional working group that includes representatives from the Commonwealth, each state and territory as well as other representatives. The taskforce is a small and dynamic team that are addressing exciting and topical agenda of significant interest within the community.
You will be a part of a relatively small team (8-10 people) working in a highly collaborative and integrated way on this high profile, national project.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Policy analysis to support the development of the Strategy, including compiling the results of consultations, and document quality and version control.
- Project communication support for the various working groups, including website and document sharing platforms.
- Significant liaison and engagement with industry groups and representatives
The right candidate for this role will be outcomes driven, accountable and future focused with excellent strategic thinking. They will have pervious APS experience in a policy or project role and have been involved in strategic analysis. Involvement in market analysis of trade access would be highly favourable and this taskforce is essentially driving competitiveness for Australian business and industry.
The ideal person is someone who:
- Optimises results through effective planning and commitment to quality outcomes
- Supports evidence-based decisions by analysing and reporting on consultation results to inform balanced recommendations.
- Is highly collaborative and achieves team outcomes
- Knowledge of contract and financial management and Govdex or SharePoint would be beneficial but is not essential
- Due to time constraints, Australian Citizenship and a current ‘Baseline’ security clearance is mandatory in order to be considered for this role
A highly competitive hourly rate of $60 - $70 per hour + 9.5% super will be offered to the successful candidate. *Please note, this rate includes casual leave loading in lieu of annual and sick leave.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Tamasi on (02) 6108 4878 or , quoting Ref No. 7516