Compliance Officer - 9 Month Federal Government Contract - Northbridge
All vacancies of Australia • Government & Defence • Compliance Officer - 9 Month Federal Government Contract - Northbridge
Exciting opportunities available with a high profile Federal Government client.
Summary about this job
Government - Federal
Work type: Full Time
Salary: $31.13 per hour + Super
Detail information about job Compliance Officer - 9 Month Federal Government Contract - Northbridge. Terms and conditions vacancy
- September Start Date
- 9 Month Contract - Possible 12 month extension
- Northbridge Location
About the Role
In the position of Compliance Officer you would be accountable under general direction to undertake a broad range of procedural and operational tasks and activities. A compliance officer undertakes case work of a complex nature in relation to various market segments or revenue products. They will deal with more complex information and undertake investigation, research, interpretation and evaluation of information, settlement negotiations and/or litigation support.
You will need to be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of the requirements of the position as well as the legislative, regulatory and compliance frameworks that underpin its tasks and activities.
The Taxation Officer may undertake activities including:
- Maintaining a positive impression of the department by building and sustaining challenging relationships, compliance improvement, verification, risk reviews and audit activities, including field, telephone and desk audits, in relation to client obligations
- Delivery of education/training to your clients
- Consult and take an active role in identifying, gathering, recording and sharing information relevant to risk analysis activities and/or relationship management and compliance strategies
- Evaluate and amend client details and assessments, determine and impose penalties as appropriate
- Prepare project and work plans detailing measurable milestones and outcomes, monitor project and work progress, and manage priorities
- Be accountable for accurate completion of work within timeframes and quality requirements, and assist more experienced operatives on high complexity cases
- Undertake investigation, research, interpretation and/or evaluation where legislation, guidelines and procedures do not give satisfactory or specific answers, escalating cases as appropriate
- Consider implications and be adaptable to work in a changing environment, including periods assisting in other work areas
- Present messages confidently, have a clear understanding of the key issues and desired outcomes for the more complex information, and provide advice to a range of clients in relation to their obligations
- Structure communication clearly and succinctly, and deal with sensitive issues in a tactful and diplomatic manner in order to provide or obtain information
The Successful Applicant:
- Degree qualification in Accounting, Finance, Legal and or Experience of working in tax agent businesses/working with tax agents
- Excellent communication skills and ability to follow policy and legislation.
- You must be an Australia Citizen or Permanent Resident with a 5 year footprint in Australia to be considered for this position.
- A strong understanding of legislation and tax requirements
Responds for Compliance Officer - 9 Month Federal Government Contract - Northbridge on FaceBookRead all comments for Compliance Officer - 9 Month Federal Government Contract - Northbridge. Leave a respond Compliance Officer - 9 Month Federal Government Contract - Northbridge in social networks. Compliance Officer - 9 Month Federal Government Contract - Northbridge on Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+
Related jobs in Australia: Manager Student Systems and Support | APS6 Heath Professional Advisors | 12-month contr | EL 1 – Assistant Director –Human Resources -NDIS Quality & Safeguards Commission | Advanced Case Manager - Footscray - $66, 699 - $82, 617 plus superannuation | WORKS ENGINEER