Become part of the Group Investigations team whose purpose is to investigate internal and external complex fraud cases.
Summary about this job
Forensic Accounting & Investigation
Company: Commonwealth Bank - Financial Services
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Investigations Analyst. Terms and conditions vacancy
- We secure the group, its people and customers against fraud
- Be exposed to particularly complex cases, developing your skills
- Participating and assisting in examining documents, data and interviews
See yourself in our team
As part of Financial Services, Group Fraud Management Services is a function with internal and external customers across the Group’s majority owned subsidiaries, globally. We secure the Group, its people and customers against fraud and serious integrity-based misconduct.
Do work that matters
Assist with investigations into suspected internal fraud incidents or complex external fraud affecting the Group by:
- Participating and assisting in examining documents, data, electronic evidence and corroborating in interviews.
- Preparing reports and other communications with internal customers and external parties, including, but not limited to, information reports, investigation summaries, witness statements, affidavits and police referrals.
- Undertaking investigative inquiries using various Group Information Technology systems, databases and publically available information
- Identifying risk and control deficiencies and making recommendations to mitigate fraud risk to the Group
- Undertaking investigative and administrative tasks, as instructed by the Investigations Manager or, where applicable, by other team members.
We’re interested in hearing from people who
- High level of personal integrity
- Commitment to confidentiality and privacy principles
- Demonstrated interest in investigations
- Attention to detail, and strong problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to perform analytical tasks
- A willingness and ability to often work unsupervised and under challenging deadlines.
- Ideally, understanding of financial services industry products and processes
- Ideally, understanding of fraud and integrity issues within the banking and finance industry
The people, businesses and communities we serve are wonderfully diverse. To reflect this, we're committed to hiring a similarly diverse workforce. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career.