Seeking a self-motivated Work Health and Safety Officer with experience in safety systems and RTW coordination.
Summary about this job
Occupational Health & Safety
Company: Mission Foods
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job WHS Officer. Terms and conditions vacancy
Established in 1959, Mission Foods, is one of the world’s largest tortilla, flatbread and corn flour producers in the world and is engaged primarily in the production, marketing, distribution and sale of tortillas, tacos, corn chips, wraps, flatbreads, corn and wheat flour.Over 20,000 people are employed globally across all the operations with facilities in Mexico, the USA, Central America, Europe and Asia Pacific. All products for the Australian market are made out of the state of the art purpose built facility located in Epping, Victoria.
Mission foods is currently seeking a self-motivated Work Health and Safety Officer who will be responsible for the ongoing management of safety systems and RTW coordination. The ideal candidate will have prior exposure working in the manufacturing/distribution/ logistics sector. Candidates who don't meet all criteria should not be discouraged from applying, as more training will be provided for the right candidate.
Work Health and Safety responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the implementation of new WHS initiatives
- Assisting in Coordinating WHS related training
- Communicating WHS procedures to employees
- Conducting Site safety walks and delivering weekly and monthly safety reports.
- Assisting with WorkCover claims administration in the safe return to work of injured staff
Other essential skills and personal attributes include:
- Diploma in WHS or related discipline
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in work site safety inspections, hazard identification and risk management processes
- A strong work ethic - the ability to operate effectively in an autonomous manner
- Good IT literacy
- Highly developed organisational and communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence
To be eligible, you must have unlimited right to live and work in Australia.