Staff Deployment Officer
Fantastic working environment within a progressive, forward thinking organisation.
Summary about this job
Company: St John Ambulance WA
Work type: Part Time
Detail information about job Staff Deployment Officer. Terms and conditions vacancy• Free Ambulance Cover
• Free First Aid Training
• Uniform Provided
St John Ambulance in Western Australia is a progressive community organisation, caring for people across two and a half million square kilometres, the largest area in the world covered by a single ambulance service. Each year we attend in excess of 250,000 people across the state and teach over 200,000 people life saving first aid skills.
A job to be proud of:
The St John Ambulance WA Staff Rostering and Deployment Team is currently seeking an experienced, efficient and highly organised individual for the role of Staff Rostering and Deployment Officer. This role is responsible for ensuring that staff resourcing requirements are met for Ambulance and Transport services in the Perth metropolitan and regional areas of WA. You will join a hardworking and friendly team and enjoy a variety of interesting work while giving back to the community.
This is a permanent part time position working an average of 28 hours per week on an excellent 4 days on, 4 days off roster. The shifts will be rostered: 2 early, 2 late and 4 off, with shift times being 6:30am to 3:00pm and 11:00am to 7:30pm.
What you’ll do:
- Monitoring, tracking and keeping up to date and accurate records of staff movements
- Ensuring staff that are filling in for shifts are appropriately directed to the correct locations and are appropriately qualified for the shift to ensure correct coverage across the state
- Ensuring the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system is maintained with 100% accuracy
- Updating the absence register and shift databases as required
- Providing support and guidance with regards to policies, procedures and legislation
- Troubleshooting customer complaints in an appropriate, polite and timely manner
- Processing officer traffic infringements
- Collating information for reports on KPIs for managers as required
What you’ll need:
- Previous experience in Rostering/Scheduling of staff or Administration in a large organisation
- Exceptional phone manner, customer service skills and experience dealing with phone enquiries
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to multi task and prioritise workloads
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Logical problem solving abilities and ability to think and react quickly to challenges
- Flexibility in your working hours, able to work weekends and public holidays as rostered
What’s in it for you?
The successful candidate will be offered an interactive and supportive working environment within a positive and professional team along with:
- Health and Wellness bonus
- 17.5% leave loading
- Corporate uniform
- Competitive remuneration package
- Salary packaging options
- Free emergency ambulance cover
- Free first aid training
Are your ready to change lives?
To apply for this exciting opportunity please select "Apply Now". Applications must include a detailed cover letter outlining your motivations for this position and resume.
Applications close 30th July 2018 at 4pm
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.