Personal Assistant to the Executive Officer
Summary about this job
PA, EA & Secretarial
Company: Sydney Multicultural Community Services
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Personal Assistant. Terms and conditions vacancy
Sydney Multicultural Community Services(MCS) is one of the leading Community based Not for Profit organisation and a newly established Registered Training Organisation (RTO 45325) specialising in Community Services training and Service provision for people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds (CALD). We deliver services in Aged Care, NDIS, Parents Next, Migrant and refugee settlement and number of community inclusion programs. We are one of the 21 consortium members of the NSW Settlement Partnership (NSP) covering a range of community services programs in over more than 16 languages for Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs, Sydney City, Inner West region and the Lower Northshore areas.
An exciting full time opportunity has become available for Personal Assistant to the EO in Sydney Multicultural Community Servcies. The main responsibility of the role is to provide administrative and clerical services to ensure effective and efficient administrative operations. The personal assistant role is expected to be of a high standard as reflected by positive outcomes for clients. The role is for an all-rounder to provide day to day support to the Executive Officer. Flexibility is a must. This role is continuously evolving and will require the candidate to quickly and smoothly transition between different responsibilities and roles including supporting Management Committee, Executive team and Sydney MCS staff in day to day operations.
- Provide high level of administration and support to the Executive Officer.
- Assist the Executive Officer in the preparation of tenders, submissions and reports to meet accepted guidelines and within specific timeframes.
- Filing, preparation, collation and distribution of supportive documentation, notes and correspondence.
- Work with Management and employees to ensure delivery of a premium quality services to all clients of Sydney Multicultural Community Services.
- Management of Work, Health and Safety protocol and procedures. Maintain registry of accidents, incidents, hazards, risks and action accordingly. Attend all WHS meetings.
- Assist with the coordination and development of policies and procedures..
- Coordinate staff training
- Take minutes and action accordingly of both internal and external activities and meetings when required.
- Maintain delivery of promotional materials for services, programs and events and their upkeep (in both digital and print).
- Maintain and contribute to Sydney Multicultural Community Services online presence.
- Complete other duties as directed by the Executive Officer.
- Carry out all duties and activities in line with the vision, mission and objectives of Sydney Multicultural Community Services.
- Display a positive attitude to all members, volunteers and clients of Sydney Multicultural Community Services.
- Demonstrate initiative to make recommendations or identify limitations with activities and tasks.
- Minimum 2 years personal/administrative assistant experience, preferably in not-for-profit or non-government organisation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to demonstrate initiative, flexibility and independent judgment in the performance of duties
- Strong organisational and analytical skills including the ability to manage numerous tasks concurrently, use initiative, establish priorities and work to tight or competing deadlines
- Demonstrated experience with Advance MS Office skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, photoshop, Indesign and electronic record management systems; quick and efficient typing and word processing
- Bi/multi-lingual or from a CALD background.
- An understanding of working inclusively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities, LGBTI people and people with disabilities.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for the above position and you meet the selection criteria, please submit a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and your resume or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date Friday 3rd August 2018
Please contact Tsechu on (02) 9663 3922 for further enquiries re the position