An exciting and challenging role exists with a dynamic organisation. Support the Executive Director via administration, project management & reporting
Summary about this job
Company: The College of Law Limited
Work type: Part Time
Detail information about job Business Manager. Terms and conditions vacancy
- Support the Executive Director & the VIC business
- Be part of a collaborative and friendly team
- Work for a values driven and an equal opportunity employer
Part Time (3 days per week)
2 Years Fixed Term Contract
The College of Law has been at the forefront of practical legal education since 1974 and over 60,000 of our graduates now work across all facets of our industry.
Across Australia, New Zealand and Asia we have 500+ educators and support staff, with the majority comprising practising lawyers and legal professional from all levels. This ensures our programs are always relevant to real world practice.
Innovative and forward-looking, The College of Law has proven to be one of the most trusted names in legal training. We are one of the few non-universities to achieve status as a Self-Accrediting Authority from the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency in Australia.
The College of Law is looking for a talented, dynamic Business Manager to join the team at our Melbourne CBD office.
Purpose of position
The Business Manager supports the Executive Director, Victoria, via day to day administration of expenditure, property management and reporting.
The key processes the Business Manager will be involved with are:
- Oversight and authorisation of College Victoria expenses in accordance with budget
- Management and authorisation of pay to adjunct staff
- Management of equipment and academic resource purchasing in accordance with budget
- Oversight and authorisation of property related expenses and activities
- Responsibility for the preparation of a maintenance schedule for all capital property and maintenance works
- Support the Executive Director in long term staff and resource management
Experience, Skills and Attributes
- A tertiary qualification in accounting, finance or business
- Significant previous experience in equivalent business management/accounting role
- Proven track record of small business financial management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail with strong analytical orientation
- Intermediate to advanced proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Contribution to the ongoing development and improvement of department processes and systems
If you are interested in being part of a growing Australia and New Zealand operation, then visit our website http://www.collaw.edu.au/careers/ for more information. Please send your application including a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Advertisement closes COB Friday 10 August