Permanent Part Time Position for a Fun, Qualified, Experienced Lead Educator
Summary about this job
Company: Shorncliffe OSHC
Work type: Part Time
Detail information about job Lead Educator. Terms and conditions vacancy
Shorncliffe Outside School Hours Care has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and qualified Lead Educator to work in a part time capacity within our vibrant team. Our community based culture and passion for providing a nurturing, caring environment for our children shines through.
This role will not only support the delivery of a fun, educational and engaging program, but will also take on a leadership role within the team and have demonstrated coaching, supervisory and people skills to operate in this capacity. Other duties include the direct supervision of children, support and planning of the educational programs, lead in food preparation, and direct communication and collaboration with parents and guardians.
This is a permanent part time position (minimum 15hrs per week) and the role is located in beautiful Shorncliffe. The applicant must be available for before and after school care and shifts during holiday care. Shorncliffe OSHC is a not-for-profit organisation run by the Shorncliffe State School P&C Association offering school age care.
We are looking for child care, children's services, education or related professionals who:
- are skilled, knowledgeable and experienced in working with school age children;
- hold strong leadership skills and experience in delivering educational programs;
- are proficient in educational program documentation and/or observations;
- have excellent communication skills who can foster collaborative relationships with staff, children and their families;
- have a comprehensive understanding of ‘My Time Our Place’ for school age care and the requirements of the National Quality Framework; and
- have experience creating a supportive and stimulating OSHC community environment.
You will need:
- A Paid Employee Working with Children Check Blue Card.
- An approved Diploma level qualification in children's services, education or a related area or working towards.
- Current first aid, CPR and asthma and anaphylaxis management qualifications or willingness to obtain.
Those who do not possess these skills and qualifications need not apply.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume via email to the Centre Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach a cover letter outlining your experience, availability and why you want to work at Shorncliffe Outside School Hour Care. Please include at least two work related referees with up to date contact details including email and phone number.
If you require further information about the role, please contact Trent on (07) 3269 9000. A position description can be provided on request.